Our story & Journey

This blog, is about the loss of our beautiful baby girl Kyla Sian, who gained her angel wings to early 7-3-14, its our story, our journey, our hopes & dreams, and my feelings on coping with this huge loss that no person should ever have to face.

Tuesday 4 October 2016

#captureyourgrief 2016 #whathealsyou Day 4 Support Circles

Support Circles

This was totally crucial for me after losing Kyla, i had my mum & dad bless them who had flown over from the UK, my husbands family,the support of my family from the UK,but mum and dad couldn't stay forever, some people had no idea how to help or be there for us,some people just walked away, life carried on, but for me i was stuck in that moment wrapped up in grief, i needed people who had been in my shoes i needed to know that it was possible to survive as i didn't think i could.
I found my support through Sands a charity for bereaved families who had suffered a loss.
I met some amazing people who in the first 12 months and on going were & are my best support, they got it, they showed me you could survive, although still a very lone journey just to know people who actually understood meant everything. They know the pain like no other & i have been blessed to meet so many beautiful angel mamas.
As time has passed i guess you don't lean on that support as much, we all try to not move on but move through, but you know they are always there for you there is a bond that only angel mamas know it links us together. We like to think our babies aren't alone they have each other just as we have each other.
Family played a huge part too, having that support and knowing they will always love and remember Kyla means the most, my best friend Sarah everyday without fail sent me messages just to let me know she was there & she cared that was support and a true best mate. My best mates here in NZ let me say her name and are there if i want to speak about her, not too many people want to know or are too scared to upset us, just by saying her name allows us to know you care and that Kyla mattered.
You loose people through loss unfortunately and we have learnt this but the ones who have stayed and walked by our side that is true support, they are all our support circles.









No comments:

Post a Comment